Friday, July 15, 2005

Penny Pinchers Gone Wild

The local newspaper's question of the week is "What's the worst penny-pinching practice you've noticed?"

Below is my answer:

"My (Chinese) in-laws don't wash the dishes clean in order to save water."

I elaborate below:

I know they had tough times in Communist China when resources were scarce. But here in America, they STILL don't wash the dishes properly - in MY kitchen! I mean, come on people, it's HEALTH we're talking about. This is one cultural difference I just can't see eye to eye on. In America, water (and soap) are plentiful and available to all.

1 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, July 15, 2005, Blogger Jess said...

yeah that reminds me of my grandpa and him preaching about the depression all the time. I guess if you have known what its like to do without, it takes a long time to forget.
By the way im from florida too, dont live there now but grew up in Orlando =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home