Wednesday, August 03, 2005

New Job Offer!

I’ve been considering a part-time job for a couple of months. Last week I applied at a Major National Drug Store Chain online. I had gone to one of their stores with the Blossom to return a CD player that did not work. While the manager was processing the return, I asked her about the sign in the window that said “Pharmacy Technicians Wanted – Will Train” and she encouraged me to apply online.

I applied online as directed. I was called for an interview this past Monday. However, after I got my fat butt dressed and went to the wrong store, I arrived 5 minutes late at the correct location, only to be told that the position was regular, part-time retail sales. Not even the photo lab! As a former photography student, I would have at least liked to work in the photo lab and become familiar with the new technology. I did complete the interview with my usual good cheer, but the whole situation screamed “Bait And Switch! Bait And Switch!”

Yesterday I called the store to withdraw my application. I was polite yet professional. And guess what – this morning they CALLED ME BACK for the pharmacy tech position! The manager called FIRST thing this morning and said she spoke with the pharmacist and, actually, there WAS a part-time position available in the pharmacy.
I had an interview with her and the pharmacist. Since I had already completed their in-store on-line idiot testing at the first interview, I was ahead of the game.

And so I got the job. The manager did say that the reason she called me back was due to my call yesterday. She said even though I did not want the retail sales job, she appreciated the courtesy of the call. So there you go. Future posts on this blog should include my adventures at MNDC (Major National Drug Store Chain).

1 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, August 03, 2005, Blogger Zube said...

That's awesome! Congrats. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home