Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Gated Community

They want to make our subdivision a gated community. The only advantage to that is snob appeal, which I really haven't got time for. It really doesn't thrill me to say "Oh, do come for dinner this Saturday at 6. Just buzz us when you get to the gate. Because, you know, we DO live in a gated community." And that's just one more
thing for ME to do when I drive in or out with the Branch and Blossom aboard.
Below is my letter to the homeowner's board on this nonesense:

Dear CDD Board: I, Junebee, reside with my family
at 1234 Really Nice Drive. We have been residents at Potential
Gated Community since October 2002.

In my opinion, I do NOT think a gated community is a
wise investment of money for the residents at PGC.
Although a gated community is appealing to
prospective home buyers, it provides a false sense of
security for the residents and therefore is a waste of
money.

Every pizza delivery driver in town knows the default
codes to gated communities. Therefore, a gate in front
of a subdivision provides a false sense of security
for the residents within. If and when the code is
changed, residents are simply inconvenienced by missed
newspapers, undelivered pizzas, UPS, Fed-Ex, and
furniture. A system which requires a guest or delivery
person to buzz the resident and wait for them to
electronically unlock the gate creates gridlock at the
gate entrance.

Funds would be better spent hiring a private security
service such as Al Bundy Security Guards to patrol
Potential Gated Community.

Additionally, I can foresee massive traffic backups on
Little Side Street. and Potential Gated Community
Blvd. at crucial travel times such as morning and afternoon rush hours.

I believe that the gated community plan should be
voted on by ALL residents, and my vote would be
against it.

Thank you:

Not in letter but for all you Blog readers:

And the thing about the pizza drivers is true. My step-brother
used to be one.

1 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, August 04, 2005, Blogger R. Edmondson said...

I agree with you that this plan should be voted on by ALL residents. All of you will be affected and should therefore have a say in the matter. I would be against it base on the points you put forward.

On another note:
I will be on my vocation starting tomorrow so, you won't hear from me for the next 4 weeks :( However, articles at my site will be published in advance for that time period.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home