Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Book Burro

If you love to shop for books but hate to pay too much, download and install Book Burro. Book Burro works with the Firefox browser. (You DO use Firefox...don't you?)

After installing Book Burro, go to any site that sells books, such as Amazon. When you click on any title to learn more about the book, Book Burro will appear on the upper portion of your screen. Click on the arrow to the left of the book icon, and it will quote prices from other sources such as Abebooks, Books A Million, Barnes and Noble, and Half.com. Also worth investigation is Greasemonkey which is described here on Slate.

2 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, September 28, 2005, Blogger CrustyBurger said...

heh heh heh greasemonkey

 
At 10:36 AM, September 29, 2005, Blogger Crystal said...

BookBurro seems like a smart idea, and I hate paying full price for a book, because I read so much and it can get costly. I try to utilize my local library, but there's a Borders on every corner in Chicago and when the urge strikes...let's just say I do like instant gratification! Anyway, I read your comment on my "Great Expectations" post and I left a rather long-winded response ;-)! You've got a good little site here and I'll stop by again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home