Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Resolutions

Ok, here goes. If I slip up in the first few weeks, I can always start anew on Chinese New Year, January 29.

* Lose weight (Yeah, I know. You've ALL heard that one before.)
* Clean out garage. Right now the garage is a huge junk repository. It would be nice to actually be able to park our cars in there! I actually started this project last spring and got one side of the garage done. But now that side looks as bad as the rest of the garage!
* Buy a bicycle lock and use my bike to ride to the store for small errands such as buying one grocery item I need for dinner. Thanks to Crystal for reminding me of this. And who wouldn't want to save gas money?
* Stop calling the Branch and Blossom "babies". I have been informed by Nanny G. that they are no longer babies!
* Floss teeth twice daily. This resolution usually starts out well but falls by the wayside around mid-year. I do always manage to floss at least once daily. I just hate flossing. It's a drooly mess. I'm surprised the bathroom floors of America are not littered with adult drool and severed fingertips.
* Take vitamins. Same as flossing. Starts out good but falls by the wayside around mid-year.
* Respond to comments on my blog by posting my own comments. I realized I enjoy knowing the blogger has read my comments, so I will endeavor to do the same to others.

Someone needs to put me on the spot in about 6 months and ask how I'm doing with this! Happy New Year to all.

7 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, December 31, 2005, Blogger junebee said...

The deleted comment was a duplicate of Lagato's comment.

 
At 9:01 PM, December 31, 2005, Blogger Spider Walk said...

Good luck June! I will check back on ya in six months... :)

I gave up making new years resolutions years ago. My life is a lot more stress free...well, at least for the first part of the year anyways!

Happy New Year!!!!!


P.S. I always read your comments in my blog. Sometimes I am just too short on time to respond, or too lazy. I will try to be better about responding though. And, no...that is not a resolution...lol :)

 
At 10:50 PM, January 01, 2006, Blogger kazumi said...

Hey they're not too bad at all.

Oh I can't believe Branch and Blossom aren't 'babies' anymore. Makes me think Hugo isn't either. Gasp!

When Luc and I moved we transported our garage into a skip bin. Took us a day and felt awfully cleansing.

Good luck with the resolutions!

 
At 2:54 PM, January 02, 2006, Blogger junebee said...

Lagato: I think I will post an ad in the local free advertising paper. I really don't have time to sit outside and wait for people to come by. I will still continue to try and floss, lose weight, and take vitamins. Neither one can hurt my health!

Spiderwalk: Ok, you better check up on me!

Kazumi: I'm guessing a skip bin is like a trash can here! Yes, I think many things in my garage will end up there or in the county dump.

 
At 12:08 AM, January 03, 2006, Blogger StringMan said...

June those all look doable, yet unattainable at the same time - perfect NY resolutions :-)

My resolutions are usually things like: get up every day; breath; use the bathroom at least once. In most cases, if I fail, I'm probably dead, so I won't notice anyway.

 
At 9:26 PM, January 03, 2006, Blogger no more said...

When they're 31 you'll still be calling them "your babies". don't make it a resolution to ever give up that right!

 
At 2:11 PM, January 04, 2006, Blogger junebee said...

Stringman: O ye of little faith! I hope to accomplish at least a couple of them. Sure, ANYONE can have "wake up and breathe" for a New Year's resolution.

Muse: You're right. My cats are 12 and a half and 10 years old and I still refer to them as kittens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home