Monday, March 13, 2006

Home Alone!


Ok, this should be a fun week. A couple of weeks ago, Nanny G. was informed by her lawyer that she had to find more gainful employment. So, reluctantly, she took another job which entails long hours on her feet with crappy pay (see, here at "Herding Cats" she still had long hours and crappy pay, but at least she wasn't on her feet all day!). She still stops by to see the kids and help me a couple of hours in the morning. Because she loves the Branch and Blossom. And they love her. It's in the best interest of the kids to phase her out gradually, for the kids' sake and mine. But we have every intention of keeping her and Mr. D. as family friends.

So, that means 90% of the time, I am on my own with two toddlers (ok, so the Branch isn't quite toddling yet). We'll see how I do this week. Last week the Citizen worked from home but I promised this week I could handle it myself. So I need all your support out there! And it's only for two weeks, till Nanny A. comes back from Peru.

7 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, March 13, 2006, Blogger Lin said...

OH LORD...COURAGE, my dear. I know it must be hard (what with not having four hands, two heads, four legs, etc.). Hang in there!

 
At 4:00 PM, March 13, 2006, Blogger Spider Walk said...

I don't understand why anyone's laywer would tell them they needed more gainful employment...unless she owes him money?

I know you are going to miss her just as much as Branch and Blossom will. Just make sure you rest when you can, get out ALONE when the Citizen is home, and take the time to do something nice for yourself EVERY day!

We will be here for you to vent too!
--oh, and one beer before bedtime is practically mandatory :)

You can do it, I have faith in ya girlie.

 
At 9:59 PM, March 13, 2006, Blogger black feline said...

have a good scream..lol...just kidding...the kids will thank u when they grow up :)...take a breather once every 2 hours..

 
At 10:09 PM, March 13, 2006, Blogger Van Cong Tu said...

I love the photo, very interesting blog. Thansk for dropping by.

 
At 10:53 AM, March 14, 2006, Blogger Crystal said...

Must be a handfull having twins! At least Nanny G is parting gradually, that'll be less traumatic for the kids if they were attached. I wish her a safe trip back to Peru!

 
At 4:09 PM, March 15, 2006, Blogger junebee said...

Lin: Actually, counting the cats, it's 12 legs!

Spiderwalk: Yes, in the words of software consultants, I told my husband I was charing more Sapporo to the project!

Black Feline: Yes, I am definitely taking down time during their naps. I really don't care if the housework doesn't get done.

Godknows: Great Vietnamese recipes. Readers, check him out if you like Vietnamese food.

Crystal: Actually, Nanny A. is retuning from Peru in a few weeks. Nanny G. is from Colombia but is on the way to becoming a U.S. citizen.

 
At 12:34 AM, March 18, 2006, Blogger Crystal said...

What's Nanny G. doing in Peru if she's from Columbia? The citizenship process can take FOREVER, Robi has been in this country going on 8yrs and is still not a citizen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home