Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Meme from Lin

Ok, here is the meme from Lin. I settled the book quandry by selecting books from childhood.

4 jobs I’ve had
- one hour photo lab tech
- working at the junk mail factory
- working at a psychiatric hospital for children and adolescents
- putting salt on saltines at the cracker factory, (I didn’t really have this job, I just tell people I did. Some of them actually believe me.)
- working in foreign exchange at a bank


4 movies I could watch over and over

Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story (starring the deliciously yummy Jason Scott Lee)
The Crow (A dark movie made all the sadder by the death of Brandon Lee during filming). Awesome soundtrack as well.
Clockwork Orange
(A movie I once saw on Sundance channel. It took place in ancient Korea and it was a love story about a young prince and a girl who was the daughter of a former prostitute. The costumes and lighting were AMAZING. It was based on a pansori tale. Pansori is an ancient form of oral storytelling in Korea. If I ever find this movie I will BUY it. I can’t remember the title but I would know it if I saw it. The title is the girl's name which starts with "Cheung-" or "Chung-").


4 places I have lived

Ok, I’ve only lived in two states and 3 cities so I will have to do Philadelphia twice:
Philadelphia Avenue, Shillington PA 19607 (Shillington is the home town of writer John Updike)
Lombard Street, Philadelphia PA 19147
South Quince Street, Philadelphia PA 19107
McRae Road, Tampa FL 33637


4 TV shows I love

Iron Chef, original Japanese version. Kaga Takeshi is HOT and the whole show is a riot, Canadian dubbing and all.
The Simpsons
Keeping Up Appearances (Britcom)
World Music (Linktv.org)
(Obviously, I don’t take TV too seriously…)


4 favorite books

Winnie The Pooh
Casey the Utterly Impossible Horse (my childhood dream come true – a horse that lived in the garage, wore pajamas and talked)
Little House On The Prairie book series
A book I had on all different types of horses

4 places I have vacationed
Marconi Beach, Cape Cod, MA
Palm Desert, CA
Outer Banks NC (Hated this place. It was the family vacation destination when I was a child. I mistakenly returned when I was in college and it was as bad as I remembered)
Maui HI (Loved this place. Next time, will skip the rest of HI and just go to Maui.)


5 blogs I read every day

Adventures of Zube Girl
Fiddle Dee Dee
Stringman Thoughts
The Don Wood Files
The ContingencyPlan
(not sure why this category was 5 when all the others were 4s)

4 favorite foods
Hershey’s chocolate
Bagels and cream cheese
Anything the Citizen cooks
Mashed potatoes


4 people to pass the meme to:

Crystal
Lagato
Brandy
Groovy Vic

Update: On March 9, I found the Korean movie. It is called "Chunhyang"
and is available on Yesasia.com

5 Comments:

At 10:59 PM, February 15, 2006, Blogger Lin said...

Well done! Thanks for doing it, June. It's always a kick to read these things. Maybe not so fun to do, but certainly fun to read.

 
At 11:23 AM, February 18, 2006, Blogger Zube said...

I love Philadelphia. It is my all-time favorite city.

 
At 9:27 PM, February 20, 2006, Blogger Crystal said...

Gee, I got tagged, and you're the 4th person to tag me and I always feel bad when I don't do them. I really need to find some time. Great list, and that stint in the psychiatric hospital must have provided food for fodder!

 
At 2:20 AM, February 22, 2006, Blogger Brandy said...

Hey, Junebee. Just wanted to let you knw that I did this meme a while back. Do you want me to repost it, or just forget it?

 
At 8:56 PM, February 22, 2006, Blogger junebee said...

Lin: They're fun to do but sometimes I have to think. The book topic really had me in a quandry.

Groovyvic: No hurry.

Zube girl: We used to sit at Penn's Landing and point to NJ and laugh...

Crystal: Don't feel bad if you don't do it. It, like blogging in general, should be fun, not a chore. Something in one of your other comments made me thing you really wanted to post the books you liked!

Brandy: You can post it now or save it for a day when you have nothing else to post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home