Sunday, January 22, 2006

Mr. Lala


Over here at Herding Cats, we've only been subject to one annoying children's television program so far, and that is "Teletubbies". Something about this show just entrances the Branch and the Blossom. On weekends when it doesn't air, they reach up and slap the TV screen as if to invoke these encephalatic, gibbering creatures. Pictured left to right are Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Lala and Po. They are always, always announced in this order. Po never gets to be first and Tinkywinky is never in the middle or last. Must be written in stone somewhere.

Anyway, we headed to the local Walgreen's this evening to take advantage of some of the specials touted in the Sunday circular. And I kid you not, the managers name was Mr. Lala. I saw his name tag, so I am NOT making this up!

7 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, January 22, 2006, Blogger black feline said...

gee..are this group of strange beings still around..we have many dyfunctional kids thanks to them..lol...most of them still can't speak except doing the lala..lol...just kidding

 
At 2:11 PM, January 23, 2006, Blogger Spider Walk said...

This was a popular show with my kids too. Actually, it still is and they are 9 and 13!

Ekkks...I personally never cared much for it myself.

 
At 9:54 PM, January 24, 2006, Blogger junebee said...

Black Feline: Yeah, they've been around awhile. I remember the controversy over Tinky Winky's sexual orientation.

Lagato: You would think, since they're kids.

Groovyvic: Oh no! Now I'll NEVER get Branch and Blossom potty-trained! That Boobah just looks like a blob. Maybe it should be called Booblob?

Spiderwalk: Believe me. I care for it only in the respect that it keeps my kids busy for about 25 minutes.

 
At 11:59 PM, January 24, 2006, Blogger StringMan said...

Did Mr Lala look like a former teletubbie? You know, that program has been on awhile. Lala could have aged and became a Walgreen's manager. It's tough to keep a Hollywood career. It could be him ... or her ... or whatever those teletubbies are.

 
At 2:44 PM, January 29, 2006, Blogger Zube said...

I watched that show once (sheesh, how embarrassing, I don't even HAVE kids!) and I'm VERY convinced that, having done my fair share of mood altering, uh, substances back in the day when I was messed up, the writers of that show? Are still a little messed up.

 
At 12:03 AM, July 10, 2020, Blogger Robinsen Clerk said...

Wow, what an amazing giveaway!! Thanks so much.
Thank you for providing such a valuable information and thanks for sharing this matter.

 
At 12:10 AM, July 10, 2020, Blogger Robinsen Clerk said...

Nice blog, Thanks for sharing this wonders with us.
Thanks for your great information, the contents are quiet interesting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home