Tuesday, February 14, 2006

A Special V-day Poem

I should be posting my response to the meme I was tagged for by Lin
. I'm just stuck on trying to come up with 4 favorite books. I've read so many books that it's just one big book blur. I've enjoyed many but I don't remember their names. If I did see them in a bookstore, I would recall reading them. Maybe I'll check my purchase history on Amazon. But I'll save the meme for later on this week.

Nanny G. is engaged to the very wonderful Mr. D. He is a cool guy and often comes over to visit and play with the kids. The Branch thinks Mr. D. is just about the coolest guy EVAH. Mr. D. is very sentimental and has written lots of poems for Nanny G. He's always getting her cards, flowers, and little gifts. He wrote a poem for the Branch and Blossom, using their Spanish nicknames, Gordito and Llorona "Yo-roh-nah"). Gordito means "little fat guy" and was originally given by Nanny A. I wanted to discontinue use of "Gordito" after Nanny A. left, but it stuck, as nicknames are wont to do. Llorona means "she who cries" because the Blossom used to cry quite a bit. She still cries at mealtimes because she hates to eat, although she puts everything else in her mouth, including her feet

At any rate, here's the poem:

There is a little Gordito
And a little Llorona in all of us,
Some are short and sweet
and Hate to eat, except of course for their feet,
Some are Chubby Bears that Bubble with Glee
They love to laugh, eat and play with their bellies as if they were jelly.
Look into their eyes and see a different world because there is a little Gordito and Llorona
In all our worlds, they're represented by the tiny boys and girls that live in our souls,
And no matter what we do they never grow old,
So let's change those diapers with pride my friend for the wonderful feeling of seeing the world as a child should never truly come to an end.


Of course, I cried when I read it. Happy Valentines Day and thanks to Mr. D.

5 Comments:

At 3:41 PM, February 14, 2006, Blogger StringMan said...

Happy Valentines Day, June! That's a sweet poem. I love their Spanish names.

 
At 10:13 PM, February 14, 2006, Blogger Crystal said...

It is hard indeed to pick 4 favorite books! Happy Valentine's DAy!!

 
At 12:32 AM, February 15, 2006, Blogger Lin said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww...that is just so sweet. What a dear to write a poem for your darling wee ones. Hey, remember, there is no rush with the meme...and if you can't get to it now, you have TWINS and that's excuse enough for any woman.

 
At 3:19 PM, February 15, 2006, Blogger Spider Walk said...

That is a very touching poem June. What a lucky lady Nanny G. is :)

The twins will love to read that when they get older, and perhaps fight over who is going to bring it to show and tell!!

 
At 3:01 PM, February 19, 2006, Blogger junebee said...

Stringman: Yes, I think those names will stick around for a long time!

Crystal: Well, I tagged you so you get to thing about 4 favorite books!

Lin: I have help from Nanny G. so I have no excuses.

Spiderwalk: You gave me a good idea, I have little plastic briefcases that I save greeting cards people gave them. I will place a copy in each one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home