Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A conversation with X.

I don't just refer to my husband as X. to keep him anonymous. His name really DOES begin with X. That's because he's Chinese. A few weeks ago, my mother visited. One evening she went out to dinner with my cousin, M. and his long-time girlfriend, D. My husband called me that night from a busy restaurant while waiting for his food.

X: How's your mother doing?
Me: Good. She went out for dinner with M. and D.
X: Oh, that's good. Where did they go?
Me: Cheddars (note: They've reserved the domain name but don't yet have a website or I would have linked it here. It's a family restaurant, mid-priced, casual, the sort of thing that's quite popular here in FL).
X: Fudders?
Me: No, CHEDDARS!
X: Isn't that for kids?
Me: No honey. That's Chuck E. Cheese

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home