Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Viral Meningitis

I just spent 5 days in Brandon Regional Hospital with viral meningitis. I am still recovering at home. This is one nasty affliction - and this is one of the less severe meningitises. You definitely don't want to get the other ones either.

My thanks for my recovery are to my husband and my family. Professionally, I would like to thank Dr. Weeks and RN Carlos Izararry (sp?) of the ER who took every step to eliminate my pain and get to the root of the cause. And there is such thing as a nearly painless spinal tap. Dr. Weeks is the master of it.

But quite frankly, I don't see how they expect you to recover on that hospital food. It was really dreadful. But I got to wallow in my misery all on my own. At first they thought I may have something really contagious so I was placed in a room by myself. I could not bear any light or noise, so for 5 days I was self-imposed in a dark room. I am glad to be home recovering with my cats, kids, husband and my mom, who came to help.

I'll read blogs and catch up on my favorites as time allows. I look forward to getting back into the groove of the blogosphere.

3 Comments:

At 10:41 AM, August 16, 2005, Blogger Zube said...

I was wondering about you, but I always feel like it would be creepy and stalkerish to say, "Hey, where are ya? Doin' okay?" I'm so glad to hear your feeling better.

That sounds like a pretty nasty illness. I bet you're glad to be home with the family. Cats, as pain in the butt as they can be, are usually pretty good to ya when they know you're hurting.

Here's to a speedy recovery!

 
At 10:50 AM, August 16, 2005, Blogger Jess said...

I was wondering about you too, Im glad you are okay. Get better soon hon

 
At 11:05 PM, August 16, 2005, Blogger Julie Marsh said...

I hope you are feeling much better now. That is pretty scary stuff you were dealing with.

I have to admit that I like hospital food. But you already knew I was weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home