Saturday, November 05, 2005

Door to Door Religion

Maybe because this is a nice suburban neighborhood, religious whackos think we need to go to church. Lately we’ve been accosted by a couple of door-to-door church salespersons. The lady today even brought her children, one of about 6 years old and one still in a stroller! That’s right, teach your kids to go right up to strangers’ houses and knock on the door. Dumbass.

I have a strict policy against buying anything sold door-to-door. Anyone who thinks their imposition on my time in my home is going to cause me to want their product or service has another thought coming. And a door slammed in their face.

Yes, I have tried the “no soliciting” sign. The problem was, most people don’t know what “soliciting” means. Maybe I can go to Home Depot and look for a sign that says:
“No Selling Stuff, Including Religion. Go Away.”

Door to door religious solicitors are the only time I wish I had a BIG dog…

3 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, November 05, 2005, Blogger Zube said...

I think we need to sell those signs. I need one, too.

 
At 4:36 PM, November 08, 2005, Blogger SuperKate said...

I find leaving a WWJD thong as well as bondage equipment in sight of the door is a useful deterent.

 
At 7:56 PM, November 12, 2005, Blogger no more said...

I've always wanted to answer the door for the churchgoers wearing a black robe and holding a knife and saying "could you come back, where in the middle of a ceremony here"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home