Sunday, November 27, 2005

Will The Real Santa Claus Please Stand Up?

When I was a teenager, I was at the mall with my sister (several years younger than I) one Christmas season. We saw a mall Santa and my sister said: "Why is Santa there? Isn't he supposed to be at the North Pole making toys for all the little girls and boys?" I thought fast and said "Uh, yeah, he's REALLY busy at the North Pole. This guy is just a guy that dresses up like Santa to help him out." She seemed to buy that.

Sort of like the time I told a little Catholic boy that the church was closed for cleaning. He was told that the church was ALWAYS open (sort of like Wal-Marts now) and we walked by, he pulled the door handle and lo and behold it was locked.

I should be really good at bluffing the Branch and Blossom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home