Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Exciting News From The World Of Soccer


Ok, so that's an oxymoron. But if you're married to a non-American guy, you can pretty much expect soccer to be part of his life. Jokes about a score of 1-0 being a "blowout" aside, I have found that there are quite a few good-looking guys in this sport. I was actually riveted to Copa America (American Cup), a South American championship game I watched a few years ago due to the high number of good-looking players. I was rooting for Argentina, which seems to even exceed the average soccer team quota of good-looking guys.

My favorite soccer player is Korean Ahn Jung-Hwan who now plays for the low-ranking French team FC Metz. They're currently number 19 out of 20 teams. Well, Ahn, see what happens when you play for the French? But current news is that he may transfer to British team Blackburn Rovers.. So that means more news on Ahn for ME, since British teams tend to get more coverage in the U.S. Note popularity of David Beckham. Even Americans who are clueless about soccer know who Beckham is.

I will probably be subject to numerous World Cup games this year. Ahn also plays for the South Korean national team, which will compete in the World Cup.

Ok, so it's a slow week here at "Herding Cats". I had to post SOMETHING, darnit. Here it is mid-week and all the blogs I read regularly have nice new shiny postings. I want one too.

5 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, January 18, 2006, Blogger Spider Walk said...

Like I always say "When left with few words...post a picture of a Hottie"

He is gorgeous!!

 
At 9:07 PM, January 18, 2006, Blogger DDW said...

Soccer would be better if hands were allowed. How can it be a sport if over 50% of the human anatonmy is exempt from participating??

 
At 10:38 PM, January 18, 2006, Blogger no more said...

He's cute! You know, one thing about soccer i love - lots of hot guys with NICE LEGS!! Football the players are obese and burly, tennis they are often scrawny, basketball too tall. Soccer? it really is the game for women ;-)

 
At 7:47 PM, January 20, 2006, Blogger Crystal said...

Very cute guy! My hubby is European but ironically is NOT crazy about soccer the way everybody else is, he's just not a sporty type.

 
At 8:56 PM, January 21, 2006, Blogger junebee said...

Spiderwalk: You shouldn't say that, I have almost 60 pictures of him!

Don Wood: Really? Hands are 50 percent of the human anatomy? I heard the old adage about a man's hands and feet but...

Muse: You are so right. Soccer has the BEST looking guys. Tennis guys are second, if a bit scrawny.

Crystal: Wow, that's a bit unusual isn't it? But lucky you, you'll be spared the details of the World Cup.

Lagato: You can use YOUR blog to tout the virtues of Steve Nash and kindly leave mine Nashless, thank you very much. Call me sometime and I will tell you how to put his pic in a post ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home