Friday, January 06, 2006

Just When I Needed It.


The radio usually has a bad habit of not playing what I want to hear. I won't even go into the sorry state of radio today. That's another post, and a long, ranting one at that. Suffice it to say I was really tired and hoping the 80's station would play something fast-paced to help wake me up since I was on the road to martial arts class. Something by Billy Idol. Something like "Rebel Yell." Lo and behold they came through with "Dancin' With Myself" by Billy Idol. Trivia note: This song was first recorded by Mr. Idol with his band Generation X.

Ahhh. Just when I needed it.

4 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, January 08, 2006, Blogger Zube said...

I LOVE that song!

 
At 8:50 AM, January 09, 2006, Blogger junebee said...

Avonnah: One can hardly attend a wedding or office party anymore without at least 2 playings of "Mony Mony"! Usually it's more like 3 or 4.

Empress Baggie: "White Wedding" is another excellent BI song. I really liked "Got To Be A Lover" which I don't feel got the airplay it deserved.

Zube Girl: I love almost ALL his songs!

 
At 1:19 PM, January 10, 2006, Blogger StringMan said...

I used to be among the Billy Idol mockers when he first came on the scene. But I play several of his songs now. "Rebel Yell" always gets the bar crowds pumped and singing. I've come to appreciate him. He did a great cameo in The Wedding Singer.

 
At 9:50 PM, January 16, 2006, Blogger Kent said...

This guy. You know, it's often said that true genius isn't recognized until much, much later. Now, I'm not saying Billy Idol is a genius, but his music struck a chord back in the '80s largely because of MTV.

Today, his music (and his lyrics) sound like genius compared with newer music and contemporary lyrics.

To me, I give Billy Idol the ultimate compliment: He's classic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home