Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Herding Cats is One Year Old!


Break out the beer! It's the first anniversary of the blog now known as "Herding Cats". Readers were encouraged to ask questions about "Herding Cats", answers are below:

Don Wood asks: “Beer. What brands do you drink, how much, and when?"

Great question, Don, about one of my favorite subjects. My standby is Yuengling Traditional Lager and lately I’m into Sapporo, a Japanese beer. Sadly, I don’t drink as much as I used to. In the evening. You thought it was first thing in the morning, didn’t you?

Black Feline wants to know: “Why cats?” and “Randy, Paula or Simon?” Cats are famous for their independent natures. Thus, they cannot be herded. Animals that can be herded group together and follow an alpha animal which is the leader. “It was like herding cats” is a phrase that refers to a situation that, while you’re minding one part of it, other parts are going astray. Definitely describes life with two toddlers (and two cats)! I am guessing the second part of the question is an “American Idol” reference. Don’t care for the show at all, but I suppose I would say “Simon” because he’s very direct about telling people they have no talent.

Spiderwalk wants to see a picture of me, and what my favorite recipe is. I posted my picture back in July here.
(I am holding the sword I used to cut my wedding cake). And my favorite recipe is Arroz Con Pollo (chicken with rice). I’ll put the recipe in a separate post. And no, I do not want your gummy bears, but if you have some chocolate, we can talk!

Crystal asks: “Are you originally from Florida?” and “How did you meet your husband?”
I am originally from Reading, PA which is an hour and a half’s drive northwest of Philadelphia. On my 3rd anniversary this past November, I described how I met the Citizen, here. Crystal and I have the privilege of being married to very educated men. The Citizen holds a
Masters in Artificial Intelligence and an MBA. Crystal's husband recently received
a PhD in physics. Awesome.


Paul wants to know if cats are herded inside or outside. The answer, Paul, is both. Both cats and kids go outside and inside, so it’s always a matter of herding, either in or out of doors! And now it’s sunny and warm in Florida, so much more outdoor herding will occur!

Stringman inquires: “How much time have you spent in Asia?” “Ever lived there?” and “Do you speak languages other than English?” The answer to the first two is none and no, although I did seriously consider teaching English in South Korea. The cast of “Herding Cats” plans to go to China when the Branch and Blossom are old enough to both endure and enjoy the trip. I speak Spanish, not fluently, but enough words and phrases to get by.
I can perform the basics (count, ask for directions, order dinner, purchase an item, greet people, etc). I learned Spanish from a variety of sources – high school classes, Sesame Street, various Hispanic co-workers, Nanny A., and Nanny G. I also know a couple of words in Mandarin Chinese. I only recognize about 6 characters but my verbal vocabulary is several words more - I can count, say “dinner’s ready”, name off a few food items, and of course, I know the words for wine and beer! In martial arts, I can count to 20 in Korean and say “thank you”.

So, thanks for your questions. Here's looking to another great year of blogging. Thanks to all those who have stopped by and become regular readers.

11 Comments:

At 6:45 PM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Choco Pie said...

Congratulations on one year!

 
At 10:39 PM, March 15, 2006, Blogger black feline said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! thank u for the reply..and Sapporo!!!! love it...good japanese lager...Asahi too!

 
At 11:27 PM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Spider Walk said...

Outstanding post June. Thank you so much for giving us the pleasure of knowing you a little bit better. I love the picture of you, and am anxiously awaiting the recipe.
I so adore you for cutting the cake with your sword...lmao! I bet THAT was crowd pleaser :)
You ROCK.

 
At 11:28 PM, March 15, 2006, Blogger Spider Walk said...

I am so stoopid...how could I forget...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

 
At 8:12 AM, March 16, 2006, Blogger StringMan said...

You have a great blog, June. I love being able to visit. And I love the pic! As Wayne Campbell would say (from Wayne's World): You're a babe!

 
At 9:33 AM, March 16, 2006, Blogger Chen said...

Happy Birthday to Herding Cats :D

 
At 7:08 PM, March 16, 2006, Blogger Wendy said...

This is great - I feel like I almost know you now. What a great idea - the questions! Happy anniversary.

By the way, I went to a prom in Reading. At Muhlenberg HS - in 1978. Some guy I met at camp (in Stroudburg) - Brad Rachman - I'm sure you don't know him, but hey, it's still a small world!

 
At 7:23 PM, March 17, 2006, Blogger kazumi said...

Congratulations!!!

 
At 12:32 AM, March 18, 2006, Blogger Crystal said...

Ironic but I met my husband in a similar way, we started off emailing each other and then once we met in person things moved rather quickly! ;-) Congrats on making it 3yrs! Our 6th anniversary will be coming up in June and I love Robi all the more with each and every passing year.

Sapporo is a rice beer right? I've always wanted to try that and will hopefully get a chance if I attend the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington D.C., because they have a lot of Japanese events too! We'll be moving in 2 more wks and I gotta hurry up and post about that. Anyway, great job at answering the questions, I learned something new about you!

 
At 1:00 PM, March 18, 2006, Blogger Zube said...

I can't believe I missed the asking questions part! Dang! LOVE the picture! You are gorgeous. :-) And tough. That's a great combination.

And I respect cats as much as you do. :-)

Happy one year blogiversary!

 
At 8:37 PM, March 21, 2006, Blogger junebee said...

Sandra: Thanks, here's looking to another year!

Black Feline: Ya, I like Sapporo better than the ever-present Kirin. I'll try Asahi if I see it someplace.

Spider walk: Ya, I thought why buy one of those overpriced stupid wedding-cake knives when I have a perfectly good SWORD here at home?!

Stringman: Surely you jest!

Chen: Thanks for stopping in.

Wendy: That guy would probably know my school which was Governor Mifflin.

Kazumi: Same to you, since Hugo started walking!

Crystal: I think Sapporo is made pretty much like any other beer. You may be thinking of saki, which is rice wine.

Zube girl: YOU can ask me anything, any time. For real.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home