Saturday, December 03, 2005

Bronchiolitis :(

The Branch has had a cold all week, which has been getting progressively worse. Finally we took him to the doctor AGAIN today. He had been there Tuesday and the doctor said he just had a cold and it had to go away on it's own. But he was so congested and was wheezing. I called today to make sure the same doctor that saw him on Tuesday was NOT on duty. (There are 3 doctors and 2 nurse practitioners in the practice). If the same doctor was working we would have taken him to the weekend clinic. They are open 1-9 PM Saturdays and Sundays. They're very professional and the co-pay is the same as for the regular doc.

The Branch was diagnosed with bronchiolitis and had not one but 2 treatments with Albuterol and a breathing machine. This is commonly used for people with asthma. The Branch also got a steroid medicine. I had to give him another breathing treatment as SOON as I got home, and then every 4 hours round the clock. He's already had 5 treatments in the last 12 hours and he doesn't seem much better. He sounds so pitiful when he's breathing it is heartbreaking.

Then to top it off for some reason I cannot post comments on people's blogs who ask for word verification. The word I got on all 3 blogs was "smenita" and despite typing it in correctly, I could not post comments. Usually if you type the word verification incorrectly, it offers another word, but every time it brought up "smenita". What's up with that?

3 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, December 04, 2005, Blogger kazumi said...

Poor Branch! I hope he's feeling better soon and you're ok in the meantime too xx

 
At 12:50 AM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Lin said...

Poor little Branch and poor Mummy to the little one. Healing vibes being sent your way. I'm sure you're just exhausted.

 
At 10:22 AM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Zube said...

I hope Branch gets to feeling better. That sucks. Poor little kiddo.

And, how WEIRD! That smenita thing happened to me, too! In fact I had the same word. It was like that for a few hours because I checked back after a couple of hours and it was still that way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home