Friday, February 24, 2006

Mom Visiting

My mom's visiting. And that's a good thing because we get along, she's great with the kids, and she helped me alot when the Branch and Blossom were first born. My mom got here late Wednesday night and is staying a week. She wanted to come for her birthday (which was yesterday) because she was here over her birthday last year and really enjoyed herself.

On Wednesday I ordered a birthday cake and was able to get Nanny G. to pick it up for me while she (Nanny G.) went out for lunch with her fiance, Mr. D. No-one over the age of 29 likes their age in candles on their cake, so I came up with a great idea. I put 6 candles on the cake, 4 blue and 2 pink, to represent her grandchildren. I told her to look carefully at the candles before blowing them out and she quickly picked up the hidden message. Branch and Blossom enjoyed some birthday cake too.

I took my mother to a Japanese restaurant for her birthday. It's very good and it is nearby. I just don't go there too often because it is very expensive. What's up with that anyway? Chinese food is usually cheap but the Japanese must be proud of their food for what they charge for it.

6 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, February 24, 2006, Blogger Wendy said...

How nice to have company! And with a celebration to boot.

My kids LOVE Japenese food. It IS an expensive meal. What cracks me up is that the boys call chicken tempura Japanese Chicken Nuggets. As if that makes it worth $12. Actually, my middle son loves sushi, too. Fun stuff.

Enjoy your mom!

 
At 7:10 AM, February 25, 2006, Blogger black feline said...

japanese food is x all over the world...even in their own turf..u are paying for the art, freshness and quality...i love sashimi with lots of wasabi :) Hope your mum enjoys her stay..especially with the grand children!

 
At 11:17 AM, February 25, 2006, Blogger Crystal said...

Happy Birthday to your Mum!! I love Birthdays, and the candle idea was smart. Growing older is not about the years we've accumulated, it's about the love we've shared throughout those years.

 
At 4:11 PM, February 25, 2006, Blogger junebee said...

Wendy: I hope the Branch and Blossom will grow to like Japanese food. Or then with the cost, maybe not!

Black Feline: Ok, I thought they were only ripping us off here in the U.S. Now I know better.

Crystal: I like that about the years accummulated, etc. I'll share that with my mom.

 
At 5:23 PM, February 25, 2006, Blogger Zube said...

Aw, I dig the candle idea. :-) Happy birthday to your Mom!

 
At 7:53 AM, March 01, 2006, Blogger Spider Walk said...

Enjoy your visit with your mom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home