Monday, February 20, 2006

Prez Day Well Spent



The Citizen had off today, so I took advantage of the extra help with the kids to change the oil in my Mustang. I actually enjoy changing the oil because it gives me a feeling of self-sufficency and accomplishment. I can also avoid those jerks that try and tell me something ELSE is wrong with the car, rip me off to change an air filter, etc. This morning I also got the car vacuumed and wiped down on the inside, put air in the tires and gas in the tank.

I grilled steaks for lunch, and served them with loaded baked potatos and salad. It really felt like a holiday. Almost even more so than Christmas - no stress, no mess. And if it wasn't 80 degrees today, it was darn close. Pictured are the Citizen and the Branch enjoying the weather.

In the afternoon I went grocery shopping, made tuna salad and the Citizen and I went out for dinner. (I know, after that big steak dinner. But that was our postponed Valentine's Day dinner.) I even managed to spend some time with the kids.

A great day here at Herding Cats.

9 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, February 21, 2006, Blogger StringMan said...

Sounds like the perfect day: wife changes the oil in the 'stang, grills steaks for lunch, and tops it off by making tuna salad (a Stringman fav!) AND going out to dinner.

Where do I sign up to be a Herded Cat?

 
At 12:34 AM, February 22, 2006, Blogger Lin said...

Don't you just love it when a day goes according to plan. Love the photo of the two cuties!
xoxo

 
At 2:22 AM, February 22, 2006, Blogger Brandy said...

Looks like you had a better day than I did. Dh had to work and it was just me and the kids. I did take them shopping. And felt it by the time I got home. I had to hit my chocolate stash!

 
At 1:39 PM, February 22, 2006, Blogger Wendy said...

I wish I had your weather. Sounds like a lovely day!

We were planning to go snow-tubing, but slept in instead!

 
At 9:06 PM, February 22, 2006, Blogger junebee said...

Stringman: I'm sorry, sir, we don't have any openings right now, but we'll keep your resume on file.

Lin: I know, and when you get so much DONE without having to stop and feed a kid or change a diaper in the middle of something!

Brandy: Ya, not too many co.'s observe Prez Day anymore. But I can't help but notice ALL the schools do. That is just not right!

Wendy: See what happens when you don't live in FL! You sleep your whole Prez Day away!

 
At 10:11 AM, February 23, 2006, Blogger black feline said...

really envy u...simple pleasure but a great way to spend with your loved ones!

 
At 11:20 AM, February 25, 2006, Blogger Crystal said...

Grilling out in February, sounds like a dream!

 
At 5:08 PM, February 25, 2006, Blogger Zube said...

Oh, what an awesome day! And a great pick!

I can't STAND dealing with car people. Zube Boy said he had a friend in high school who worked for one of those oil change places and they were instructed to try and talk women specifically into things they didn't need.

 
At 7:02 PM, February 27, 2006, Blogger kazumi said...

what an adorable picture! branch is just stunning (and HUGE!!!).

great to hear you had a smashing day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home