Friday, May 05, 2006

Cinco de Mayo Treat

Uncap a frosty Corona while you prepare this tasty snack.


I made the one in this picture last year for my cousin's 50th birthday party.

1 18" plastic party tray
1 large can Old El Paso Traditional refried beans
1 cup sour cream
1 cup mayonaisse
1 packet taco seasoning
2 cups (approximately) chopped fresh tomatos
1/2 cup chopped canned black olives well drained
Grated cheese - mild cheddar or taco blend
12 banana or jalapeno pepper slices well-drained
1 jar salsa, mild, medium or hot
1 bag Tostitos or similar white corn chips. I use store brand.

-Spread refried beans on party tray in layer not more than 1/4" thick.
-Mix together mayonaisse, sour cream, and taco seasoning to taste.
Spread in layer not more than 1/4" thick on top of beans.
-Place black olives in small bowl. Invert bowl over center of sour cream mix and tap to place black olives.
-Place tomatos around the black olives in a concentric ring.
-Place grated cheese in outermost ring around tomatos.
-Using a clean paper towel over your finger, remove uneven edges.
-Place pepper rings at points of the clock on top of cheese.
Serve with salsa and white corn chips.

6 Comments:

At 1:03 AM, May 06, 2006, Blogger Josh said...

mmmm....... tasty

 
At 9:08 AM, May 06, 2006, Blogger Wendy said...

sounds good!

 
At 8:26 AM, May 07, 2006, Blogger Spider Walk said...

Sounds delish!

 
At 11:15 AM, May 07, 2006, Blogger Brandy said...

I make a version of this as well. Only we don't eat olives. The other recipes I've heard of for this have guacamole in it as well. The presentation looked great!

 
At 10:39 PM, May 10, 2006, Blogger Lin said...

I love a girl who coordinates her apron with her cooking! Thanks for the recipe, too!

 
At 6:21 PM, May 15, 2006, Blogger junebee said...

Liz, Wendy, Spiderwalk: Yes, it is. There's rarely much left when I take it to someone's house. My cousin loves it and often requests it. Actually, it gets expensive to make, so I only make it for close friends and family members.

Brandy: Lots of people don't eat olives, which is why I put them by themselves in the center.

Empress Baggie: Really? And all these years I've been having beer with it. How passe!

Lagato: Glad you got such good mileage out of it.

Lin: My sister and her family got me that apron. I really like it and it goes with the hot pepper theme of my kitchen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home