Monday, April 24, 2006

Puffy


Hooray! Just got my Yesasia order. The CD pictured is by J-pop (Japanese pop music) girl duo Puffy, also called Puffy AmiYumi (Ami and Yumi are the girl's names). I saw a video (very, very reminiscent of 80's music and music videos) on World Music, an excellent program on Sunday mornings and afternoons on LinkTV.org. Here's that episode's playlist, which I thoroughly enjoyed. And if anyone out there could help me track down the CD "Plum Brandy Blues" by Night Losers, I'd be their bestest blog buddy forEVER! (Night Losers are a Romanian group, and whereas Yesasia has Asian music and movies, so far I haven't found a Yesromania).

7 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, April 24, 2006, Blogger StringMan said...

Wow. You're gonna have to get some audio clips up there so we can hear some of this.

 
At 9:51 PM, April 25, 2006, Blogger black feline said...

Very cool..u are into J-Pop too! check out this group.. also from land of the rising sun:

KIRORO...they are originally from Okinawa...singer/songwriter group..consists of 2 teacher looking ladies...beautiful melodies.

 
At 1:37 AM, April 26, 2006, Blogger Lin said...

Showing my age here, but I read this blog and thought...what? Read it again and it started to make more sense. Audio clips would be great!

 
At 11:06 AM, April 26, 2006, Blogger Crystal said...

Japanese pop-culture can be cute, or annoying! ;-) I've heard of Ami & Yumi because there were posters of them in Chicago, but frankly I have no clue what their music is about. It would be interesting to hear some.

 
At 12:44 PM, April 26, 2006, Blogger junebee said...

Stringman, Lin, and Crystal: I'm going to check into how to do an audio post.

Black Feline: This is my first foray into J-pop. I like the sound of this group which is similar to pop music in the U.S. in the 1980's.

Lin: I just re-read the post, perhaps I could have written it more clearly and used fewer parenthesis. I'll strive for clarity next time!

Crystal: I never heard of Ami and Yumi till I saw this show, but apparently they've been around for 10 years!

 
At 2:08 PM, April 29, 2006, Blogger Spider Walk said...

My kids watch their videos on the Nickelodeon channel!

I tried to find the cd for you June, but every place I checked said it wasn't for sale yet :(

I tried!

 
At 7:35 PM, March 16, 2008, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi, i can help you with the nightlosers issue. Contact me at noueim@yahoo.com .
c'ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home