Sunday, April 23, 2006

Not Just A Nanny


As Black Feline reminded me, it's been a long time since my last post. The weather's been fantastic here and we've spent lots of time outdoors before the real summer heat sets in. The Branch and Blossom have re-discovered the swimming pool. My dad and stepmother were here for Easter and the Citizen worked from home last week instead of his usual travelling. There's a bird in the kumquat tree outside the bathroom window. It's been trying to get in the bathroom window for weeks.

When we hired Nanny A. last year, we got not only a nanny, but an entire family. Her family are all very warm and easygoing. Nanny A.'s sister N. has two daughters. One of the daughters, K. has a girl three days older than the Branch and Blossom. K. also has a new son, D., who is quickly turning out to be a big guy like our Branch. K. is a stay-at-home mother too. Twice a week, we go to K.'s house in the afternoon for playtime for the kids, social time for me, and family time for Nanny A. K,'s sister D. made some pillowcases for the Branch and Blossom's little pillows. I give boy's clothes to K. for her son, and she gives me M.'s outgrown clothes for the Blossom. Despite only being 3 days older than Blossom, M. is quite a bit larger so the Blossom can wear her hand-me-downs.

And the Branch is finally beginning to walk. Now he has really earned the title "Toddler"! Previously it was a designation based solely on his age. At 16 months and 39 pounds, we were eager for him to walk quickly. And I know you'll all be so disappointed that my cellphone camera doesn't work, so no pics of the Branch walking. But we'll get some up soon.

8 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, April 23, 2006, Blogger StringMan said...

Hi Junebee, nice to have you back. Nanny A sounds like a wonderful addition to your family and friendship circle. And congrats on your latest Toddler!

 
At 11:57 PM, April 23, 2006, Blogger Blackbeltmama said...

My goodness! My 5 year old weighs 42 lbs. No wonder you want him to walk!!!

 
At 9:54 AM, April 24, 2006, Blogger black feline said...

what a long spell! finally u are back..glad the whole family had a good time :) and thank u for the link..

 
At 7:35 AM, April 25, 2006, Blogger Spider Walk said...

Congrats to Branch!
What does Blossom think about her brother walking?

Soon, you will need to change your name to "Herding Toddlers"

Huggerzzz....

 
At 11:09 AM, April 26, 2006, Blogger Crystal said...

That must be exciting, watching your baby walk for the first time! At 39 lbs he's kinda heavy isn't he? Enjoy the FL weather before it gets hot & sticky, Miami can be steamy even in March and I doubt that I could take living in a climate like that for long.

 
At 12:47 PM, April 26, 2006, Blogger junebee said...

Stringman: Yes, we actually have two tried-and-true toddlers now!

J: I know. People ask me what I feed him! My husband says the Branch is like a nice sturdy Amish boy!

Black Feline: Thanks for prodding me. I needed it!

Spider walk: I don't think the Blossom is much impressed! And indeed it IS "Herding Toddlers".

Crystal: Yes, the Branch is off the growth charts. It's not just that he weighs alot, his hands and feet are big too.

I used to visit the Citizen in Miami. It never, ever gets cool there. Not even in November. However, due to the proximity to water, there is almost always a breeze of some sort. Guess that's why it's so popular.

 
At 9:35 PM, April 26, 2006, Blogger kazumi said...

Congratulations to Branch!! You'll need to update us soon with more photos of the beautiful Branch and Blossom xx

 
At 6:47 AM, April 28, 2006, Blogger Brandy said...

Not only did you get a Nanny, you got ae extended family! Um, Branch does sound like a big boy. Glad to hear he's finally walking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home