Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Garbage Eve



Years before I met the Citizen, I had a long succession of boyfriends, most of whom I spent lots of time with drinking beer. Gee. I really MISS those days! One night, the FBF (Former Boyfriend) and I were sitting around drinking beer. It was December 23rd and we were trying ever so lamely to justify our drinking. Not that it NEEDED any justification. A silly thing like the lack of a valid reason wouldn't deter US in the LEAST! We were PROFESSIONIALS, dammit! Since the morning of December 24 was garbage pickup day, we decided we were drinking in honor of...Garbage Eve.

The term has carried over into my marriage with the Citizen. He'll ask if tomorrow is trash pickup day and I'll answer, "No, that's Thursday. Tomorrow is Garbage Eve."

I can't WAIT to order this book.

9 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, August 15, 2006, Blogger Writer and Nomad said...

ha ha ha mommies who drink. yeah, i had some wild times once myself. still do occasionally, but let's not get into that right now. garbage eve. classic.

 
At 7:57 PM, August 15, 2006, Blogger Josh said...

HAHA I will have to use that from now on. I hate dragging the trash out there at night on garbage eve.

 
At 11:42 PM, August 15, 2006, Blogger Van Cong Tu said...

Haha, funny I love drinking beer as well. Join the club!!!

 
At 12:20 AM, August 16, 2006, Blogger black feline said...

social drinking is fine by me..that book should be banned...lol...just kidding

 
At 12:25 AM, August 16, 2006, Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

That's pretty funny!
So is that book

 
At 3:22 AM, August 16, 2006, Blogger halfmanhalfbeer said...

Garbage Eve, excellent must remember that one!

A justification for drinkin? Hmmm, strange concept that one, never heard of needing it though!

The book looks hilarious, I think I might add it to my wife's birthday list as she is always going on about missing out on the parties and drinking till dawn!

HMHB

 
At 11:50 AM, August 16, 2006, Blogger Zambo said...

Hi Junebee!

That's funny!

I enjoyed the Sarah Silverman review on amazon. I may have to read that too!

A good mommy is a relaxed mommy, I always say.

Take care out there!

Your Pal,

Zambo.

 
At 6:25 PM, August 16, 2006, Blogger Brandy said...

You make me feel bad, I have no memories like that to hide form my kids!

 
At 9:15 PM, August 16, 2006, Blogger Spider Walk said...

How cute :)

**Cheers***
Here's to good beer and blueberries!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home