Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Best and the Worst

Brandon Regional Hospital Stay: The Best and the Worst

Ok, here it is, the last word on my 5-day hospital stay due to viral meningitis.

· Best-Looking Doctor – Dr. Rashid (Saturday rounds)
· Best Nurse- Holly, (Days)
· Most Unnecessary Procedure – Chest X-ray. Come on, people. You just did this one because I have REALLY good insurance. It’s not as if I had pulmonary problems or pain from a broken rib.
· Most (surprisingly) Painless Procedure – This Is Spinal Tap
· Most (surprisingly) Painful Procedure – blood draw, back of right hand in emergency room. After commenting how tough the skin on my hand was, she dug in anyway. OUCH!
· Food (scale 1 to 10) - 2. Probably didn’t help that I never touched my tray in the first hour it was brought in.
· Bed Comfort (scale 1 to 10). 10. Despite laying in it for 5 days, I had no soreness or back pain.
· Most Surprising Thing – floor cleaner used to mop my room was actually fragrant. Wouldn’t mind using it at home.

So there you have it. The best and the worst of my hospital stay.

1 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, August 19, 2005, Blogger Zube said...

Wow. I'm totally shocked that the spinal tap wasn't too painful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home