Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Branch Not Much Better

I'm a little overwhelmed now. Apparently this bronchiolitis of Branch's
could be an ongoing maintenance issue. He sounds so bad like when I had
asthma and all the bad memories came flooding back - being unable to
run from here to the corner, not being selected for "teams" in school,
sucking at anything physical. I realize the options for kids with
asthma have come a long way since I was a child. But still, our society
places a high value on physical prowess, and kids with asthma are
usually left behind. Not that the Branch has asthma, but it is possible it would
be diagnosed later in his life and now he sounds so bad just like when
I had it. He has two medications to inhale and one is round the clock
every 4 hours. they are scary looking little tubes in giant boxes. I
have realized the pharmaceutical industry is WAY guilty of
overpackaging things. Nanny G. has offered to get up at night but it doesn't relieve
my bad feelings about the situation in general. I know, no-one
wishes their kids to be sick and it could be worse, of course, if he had
cystic fibrosis or leukemia or something. Then there's the worry of
neglecting the Blossom for all the attention the Branch needs. I haven't done any
Christmas shopping either. I don't know when I'll find the time or
energy. I know one thing and that is everything will be ordered online. I
simply haven't the time or fortitude to sit in traffic.

We go back to the doctor tomorrow. Hopefully the Branch will be better. He got a
shot on Monday and more medication. The doctor really did take alot of time
with me since I was so upset that I hadn't been warned that a cold could
develop into a much worse problem like bronchiolitis.

2 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, December 06, 2005, Blogger Spider Walk said...

I hope you get good news at the Doctor's tomorrow. If it makes you feel better,both of my kids suffered through the exact same thing as infants and they don't have asthma. They are both athletic and very active :)

 
At 11:40 PM, December 08, 2005, Blogger Spider Walk said...

lagato...I am confuzzled! Are you June? and what letters??
Did I triple post my comment or something?!?! :)
Gads...it's been a long day lol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home