Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Meme, #6 and #7




“Amor Verdadero” by “Afro-Cuban All Stars” from the CD “A Toda Cuba Le Gusta”. These elderly gentlemen started their careers back in the 50’s in the heyday of Cuban club music (think Ricky Ricardo). Efforts were made to interview and tape these men while they were still with us, which was a good thing because legend Ibrahim Ferrer passed away last year. Lyrics and liner notes in Spanish.www.amazon.com

And last but not least of the 7 songs…
“The Wheels On The Bus” Well, I have small kids, what can I say? At least this version has a reggae beat which makes it listenable over and over (and over and over…)

I'm still looking for a CD called "Plum Brandy Blues" by Romanian group Night Stalkers. If you can help me out, leave a comment.

4 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, March 01, 2006, Blogger Lin said...

Wow! What a wonderfully eclectic selection of music. I'm definitely going to try a couple. Thanks for the tips, kid!

 
At 5:56 PM, March 01, 2006, Blogger StringMan said...

That is some impressive stuff, June. All 7. I love going to friends' houses and having them put on music they think I've never heard before. It's a great way to hear new stuff. I'd be wow-ed at your place, especially with the contemporary asian stuff. Can't say I've heard much of that.

 
At 11:26 AM, March 05, 2006, Blogger black feline said...

Afro cuban is one of my favorites too..in fact they performed twice back in Singapore..it was sold out! The first one...Ibrahim was still around..he's a legend..and his music lives on!

 
At 2:56 PM, March 06, 2006, Blogger junebee said...

Lin: Hope you enjoy! If I knew how to upload songs I would send you a few so you could sample prior to buying.

Stringman: I like looking at other people's music collections. Collections can say alot about a person.

Black Feline: Wow, that's great they went to Singapore. Naturally with the US/Cuba relations they could have never come here. But apparently some Americans got into film them and make the TV special because it was in English and shown on an American cable network called Ovation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home